Wondering how to fix status 7 error? While flashing a rom, sometimes we get a “installation aborted status 7” or “updater process ended with error 7”. This error is common while rom flashing and easy to remove.
How To Fix Status 7 Error
Make sure you read all the cases mentioned below. Keep reading even if you are sure about any particular case listed below. One wrong step and you will find yourself in a bigger issue. Whether it is a cwm status 7 error or a TWRP status 7 error, the steps will be same.
The cases are discussed as below.
This can be referred as a general checking step. Check that you are using the latest version of TWRP/CWM. The older versions of these recoveries pop out the status 7 error while flashing kitkat roms.
Latest TWRP version= 2.7 (22.214.171.124 also works) (Check this for TWRP status 7 error)
Latest CWM version=6.0.3 up (Check this for cwm status 7 error)
While moving to any rom from previous android versions (..,…, 4.0,….,4.3…4.4)
Make sure that the rom you have downloaded matches your phone model, if you flashed some other rom, you may hard brick your device.
Same for both cwm status 7 error and TWRP status 7 error.
(For the reference of this step,see the image below)
1. First extract your rom (for example using 7-zip)
2. Go to the folder META_INF > COM > GOOGLE > ANDROID
3. Here you will find a file “updater-script”
4. Rename this file as updater-script.doc (microsoft word format) or use notepad++ (preferably)
(in some pc, extensions are nor visible. to make them visible, follow these steps)
Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking
Click the View tab, and then, under Advanced settings, do one of the following:
To display file extensions, clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box, and then click OK.
5. Double click to open it( microsoft word preferred)
6. delete text, starting from “assert ……. till the semicolon( of the last getprop command. (see image in attached file-lines to delete)
7. Now save the file
8. Again rename the file, and delete the .doc extention
9. now go back to the main rom folder where you extracted the 3 files. zip these files again. and you will get a zipped rom.
This fixes the “installation aborted status 7” error for most people.
Case 3- (If case 1,2 fails and you are SURE that you are flashing the right file)
If you are still stuck with the question of “how to fix status 7 error”, this might be the last possibility.
Double check that the Rom/Mod you are flashing matches your phone model. (Same for both cwm status 7 error and TWRP status 7 error.)
In TWRP there is a provision to skip the checking of the assert lines due to which status 7 error pops out. Is you are still stuck with “installation aborted status 7” error, then follow these steps:
1. After you select the zip to be flashed, it prompts you for the “signature verification”.
2. Uncheck it.
3. Proceed further as normal.
This was a proper and complete guide on How To Fix Status 7 Error.
If “installation aborted status 7” error is still not removed, let me know in the comments down below.
Latest posts by Siddharth Sharma (see all)
- How To Make Money On Instagram – The Ultimate Guide - July 23, 2017
- 100 Proven Top Instagram Hashtags To Get Followers On Instagram - July 20, 2017
- Best Android Camera App – Take Amazing Photos - March 3, 2017